Events and Rides
Chapter activities are conducted primarily for the benefit of H.O.G. chapter members. There are three categories of activities, identified as follows:
Member events are events that are open only to H.O.G. members
Open events are those chapter events which are open to chapter members, national H.O.G. members and other guests as desired
Closed events are those chapter events which are open to chapter members and one guest per member
NOTE – The events on the Calendar (apart from the rallies) are generally ‘closed events’ for Dunedin Chapter members only. However, any non Dunedin Chapter member who wishes to attend an event should contact the Director or Assistant Director prior to attending. We have various events throughout the biking year and we also have an active social scene.
If you want to join us, we have a number of ‘local’ informal meetups for a blether or ride depending on the time of year and weather:
● Wee Thunder Thursday – open to all Chapter members who like riding, chatting, having a laugh and chips! We post on our FB page every Monday evening the destination of the Thursday run. Stands up is usually 6.30pm from Edinburgh Dreghorn. All you have to do is turn up and have fun. For more info, contact Paul Nickels or Paul Ross on the Wee Thunder Thursday Facebook Page HERE.
● Grangemouth – Thursday night social meeting in the Leapark Hotel, Grangemouth, from 7.30pm onwards, everybody welcome.
● Tayside – Tayside and Perthshire and into Fife have some great riding roads and plenty of places to meet and ride to with great views and welcoming people (and a good selection chip shops for that all-important Chippy run!). For more info, contact Craig Stewart on the Tayside area Facebook Page HERE.
● Tuesday’s Group Grangemouth – The Tuesdays’ meet every Tuesday between 9.00an to 10.00 for coffee and a chat at McDonalds Grangemouth, Earlsgate Roundabout, FK3 8XP. We also are known as “Tuesday Pensioners” and “Dunedin Pensioners”. In the “Riding Season” between March and October, we meet every week. For the Non-Riding Season we meet every second Tuesday, in this part of the year, we tend to meet a bit later and talk a lot longer.
The Tuesday group use “WhatsApp” to keep you updated, so if you would like to join this group please contact Alex Glen email@example.com Or Alex Adams (Trapper) via Facebook. So if you’re up for a laugh with good company come along and join us.
● Edinburgh – Regular Saturday run leaving Edinburgh Harley Davidson (during riding season). Details will be posted into the Chapter Members only Facebook Group (HERE) each week with details.
● Oldmeldrum – Social Meeting takes place the 1st Wednesday of the month at Redgarth Hotel, Oldmeldrum from 6.30pm Dunedin members plus Harley owners/enthusiasts meet for informal chats and local ride outs in the summer months.
● Dunecht, Westhill – Social Meeting takes place the 3rd Wednesday each month at Jaff’s Pub, Dunecht, Westhill from 6.30pm. Dunedin members plus Harley owners/enthusiasts meet for informal chats and local ride outs in the summer months.
There are many other HOG events and rallies, details of which can be found in the HOG News. If any Chapter Member has an event that they are going to, or a journey they are undertaking, and they want some company, contact the Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will promote it here.