WHO CAN JOIN?
The core of the Chapter are like minded Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Owners & Associate Members who are all firstly member of the Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.®). By joining a Chapter you are guaranteed to start new friendships and enjoy your motorcycle with the lifestyle that goes with it. Dunedin are a friendly Chapter, non-political and welcoming of all.
You just need a Harley, and a H.O.G. membership, and you can join us to live the dream. Ride and have fun!
JOIN OR RENEW ONLINE
Join or Renew by Post
I’ve been a biker since late 70’s and on Harley’s since 2002. I tried another Chapter at the start of my Harley adventure to see what it was all about but it just wasn’t for me at that time. Life was too busy to really get involved with the chapter. Now retired early, for both myself and my wife, we have a lot more time available and I thought it would be a good time to try the Chapter again only this time we went for Dunedin.
The chapter opens up a whole new world to Harleys and allows you to get more use of the bike attending meetings, runs, events and of course my favourite Rally – TITG. It gives me a purpose to get out more on the bike or at least that’s what i’m hoping for (as I just joined last year!).David McCombe
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
So what do you get if you become a member?
While you will be immediately joining a group of like-minded people, you may be wondering what benefits you get! Here are just a few of those:
• Many Chapter ride-outs; almost every Sunday during riding season.
• Many Chapter social events including Ladies of Harley Christmas Lunch, Pre-Season Dance, Harleyween and our AGM Dinner Dance.
• Chapter Monthly Meetings.
• Early-Bird tickets to our yearly Thunder in the Glens® rally (ability to purchase tickets one month earlier than public sales at a reduced fee).
• Ability to buy Chapter only HOG patches.
• 10% discount from Edinburgh Harley-Davidson.
• Chapter magazine online.
• Weekly Chapter newsletter email during the riding season.
• Access to our private Facebook group.
• Get help or just chat about our passion…. many members have informal local meetups each week too!
Irene (the present Mrs Bloomfield) and I have been members of Dunedin Chapter and riding “Velma” our Road King for about 17/18 years now. It all began with our initial visits to “Thunder In The Glens” rally as bikeless traders (if Heineken did bike rally’s etc. etc……).
To be honest over the years it has been a roller coaster of a ride for the Chapter. The Chapter has overcome many obstacles over the years, including the loss of two dealerships and some unwanted but necessary political turmoil. But over the years Irene, Velma and I have travelled the world touring and visiting many rally’s flying the Dunedin Chapter flag and proudly sporting the well known Dunedin Chapter back patch. These tours include most European countries and an unforgettable trip to Sturgis and Milwaukee for the HD 100th anniversary.
The Chapter is in a good place now and has been for many years so I can only recommend it to any Harley Davidson owner who wants to be a part of the HOG family. Come along to any of our meetings, you will be most welcome.Ron and Irene Bloomfield